Things to do in and around Wylie TX
Looking for something fun to do in Wylie? Here are a list of things you may want to consider. Try your favorite first, and then keep this list so that you have new things to try as time goes by!
- Wylie Parks and Recreation – Rock climbing, skate board park, covered pavilions, playgrounds, hike & bike trails, and more
- Lake Lavon – camping, fishing, parks, equestrian trails
- Lake Ray Hubbard – fishing, boating, shopping & dining at “The Harbor”
- Woodbridge 18-hole Championship Golf Course (they have a driving range and putting green area too)
- Annual Wylie Chamber of Commerce Rodeo
- Movies at the Wylie 12 Theater
- Tour of historic homes & buildings including the Birmingham House (also known as the Thomas & Mattie Brown House) built in 1905, Stonehaven (also known as the Williams & Charlotte Stone House), Wylie Methodist Church built in 1924, and more.
Historic Downtown Wylie:
- Walking Tour of Historic Downtown Wylie – enjoy the murals, the gazebo at Olde City Park, and boutique shops and dining along the red brick streets.
- Make sure to stop into Shoemaker & Hardt for a coffee or hot chocolate while playing a quick game of checkers or browsing their eclectic items for sale.
- You may also want to stop in at the Taste of Home restaurant located in a renovated home built in 1901.
- Another great eatery is the Ballard Street Cafe, stop in for their daily special and save room for some pie.
- A few other events that happen in Historic Downtown Wylie throughout the year include: Boo on Ballard, JazzFest, ArtFest, Bluegrass on Ballard, Pedal Car Races, Homecoming Parades, Christmas Tree Lighting and Parade of Lights, and more
- Wylie Opry in Historic Downtown Wylie
Planning to venture into some other areas nearby?
Check out these fun things to do within a 20-minute drive from Wylie TX
- Shopping and dining at: Firewheel Town Centre, Historic Downtown Plano, Shops at Willowbend, Shops at Allen/Fairview, Allen Premium Outlet Mall, Stonebriar Centre, Galleria Dallas, Northpark Mall Dallas, and more.
- Heard Natural Science Museum and Natrure Preserve
- Rodenbaugh Natatorium (indoor swimming pool in Allen TX)
- Oak Point Park Natatorium (indoor swimming center in Plano TX)
- Plano Balloon Festival at Oak Point Park
- Lucky Layla Farms – tour & purchase dairy products from a working farm in Plano TX
- Golf at various courses including: Firewheel, Woodbridge, Pecan Hollow, Ridgeview Ranch, Los Rios, Watters Creek, Stonebriar, Glen Eagles, Royal Oaks, Westridge, Twin Creeks, and more!
- Dallas Museum of Art
- Perot Museum of Science & History
- Dallas World Aquarium
- Nasher Sculpture Center
- Crow Collection of Asian Art
- Klyde Warren Park Downtown Dallas
- Dallas Symphony at the Morton Meyerson Symphony Center
- Live performances & Broadway shows at the AT&T Performing Arts Center or Music Hall at Fair Park
- State Fair of Texas – visit Big Tex and get a Corny Dog!
- 6th Floor Museum and the Grassy Knoll – John F Kennedy Memorial
- Frisco Roughriders Baseball Game
- FC Dallas Soccer Game
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve
- Bob Woodruff Park
- Brekenridge Park
Enjoy the day while you explore the fun things to do in Wylie, Plano, Allen, Frisco, McKinney, and Dallas. There is so much more that the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex offers – so get out there and try them.